Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My favourite dish

I love cooking dishes, mixing different flavors and making news. I love soft, unique flavors in any dish with a spicy or strong sausage. One of my favorite dishes is sushi rolls, I love to prepare that dish, it’s delicious and you can experiment with many ingredients, much as I like.
Sushi rolls, also called Maki, are a variant of a traditional way of keeping fish fresh in long travels, occupied in various countries of Eastern Asia, It consist in rolling fresh fishes in a sea weed and rice roll with some rice vinegar mixed with sugar. Those are the basic ingredients, latter adding various vegetables, such as sliced carrots, fresh cheese, kanikamas (which consist in a soft roll that resembles the flavor of a crab’s meat), sesame seeds, sliced aguacates, etc.
Finally I’m going to talk of the recipe. You will need rice, rice vinegar, nori sea weed, sugar, fish or seafood or shellfish, and any vegetable you want to use! Or even other things like fresh cheese. You will start making the rice; it is most likely to use a pot and not a rice machine, and the rice you are going to use is wide and short, but any kind will work the important thing is the cooking. Begins boiling water with full fire, when it’s boiling you will add the vinegar and the sugar mix, then quickly turn off the fire, stir the rice and then cover the pot and let cool.
While rice is cooling pick your vegetables, kanikamas, fresh cheese, whatsoever you have for adding and just slice and dice all the things as you want. Then extend a bamboo mat, place the dried nori sea weed on it, and then pick your rice pot and start adding the sticky rice slowly, to cover part of the sea weed, then place on it your fish, seafood or shellfish, vegetables, etc. Grab the bamboo mat and roll al the thing to get a long roll (Tip: do not place very much foods on a roll. It will be too fat and will disrupt, don’t worry if rice goes out of the roll simply grab it and use it for another roll, and!! VERY important pack it, press the roll firmly, don worry it will not disrupt, but don’t use brute force too.)
Then you grab that rolls, and dice them in various pieces of 2 centimeters or slightly more width, and you eat them, pair it with strong soy sauce, wasabi and ginger, and any drink.
For dessert I almost all the time, take a iced tea with 3 or 4 teaspoons of sugar.

7 comments:

  1. oh! It see very delicious but I really don't like the sushi. I love the gyosas!
    Well, See you :) Bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sushi ♥ if I could, I would eat every day ahah :) unfortunately, I don't know prepare it, and it's a little expensive :(
    see you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally addicted to sushi. But I hate to cook it hahaha
    See you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you can be a great cook!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never eaten Sushi! I will someday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never eaten sushi :(
    But, i hope someday eat it!
    See you!

    ReplyDelete